Here are five ways you can find secret sellers and buy without hassle.
Do you know about secret sellers? If you’re a buyer and want to avoid a bidding war, this could be the option for you. Basically, secret sellers are people looking to sell their homes without putting them on the open market. We have five places you can find secret sellers, and we want to share them with you today:
1. For-sale-by-owner properties. These are sellers who have not hired an agent to help them sell their homes. Usually, we can find them on sites such as Zillow. Since they don’t have a marketing team behind their sale, if we’re the first people to approach them with a decent offer, there’s a good chance you can win the property without a bidding war.
2. Expired and withdrawn listings. These are homes that were on the MLS a year or two ago but didn’t sell. We can call these listings and see if they’re still willing to entertain a good offer.
“In this market, everyone is looking for secret sellers.”
3. Investors. Anyone who owns rental properties or flips homes may be willing to sell without going on the open market. We stay in touch with local investment groups for this purpose.
4. Foreclosures. These were good options in the past, but in today’s market, they’re almost non-existent. Unfortunately, you’ll probably have to go a different route.
5. A brokerage’s seller list. This is one of the biggest perks of working with a real estate group like the Mullenberg Team. We have a secret sellers list full of homeowners willing to consider your offer.
If you or someone you know is looking to buy or sell a home without the hassle, please call or email us. We would love to help in any way we can!